01 02 03 Just Run Jim: Olympic Trials are on tap 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Olympic Trials are on tap

34
I lied.   I told you my next post would be a recap of my 2011 running year.   It's going to have to wait until the weekend as I've been too busy at work and home to do it justice.

Instead, I want to point you marathon fans toward Houston, Texas.    The Olympic Trials will be held on Saturday.   The top three finishers in the men's and women's race will determine who the US is sending to London.    It will probably be one of the most exciting races you've seen in a while.   No Kenyan sweep will be had in this race. NBC will show the race on tape delay in the afternoon.  But if you can't wait, Runners World will be blogging live here

   
My rooting interests on the Women's side:  Kara Goucher, Desi Davila, Shalane Flanagan and Deena Kastor.  Personally, I've run in the same race against everyone but Flanagan.   Of course, I cannot run one mile  in what they pace for an entire marathon.  Also, disappointed home town girl Tera Moody will not run due to injury

On the men's side:  Ryan Hall, Meb (Annoying Skecher's commercial) Keflezighi and Luke Humphrey.  

On Sunday the Houston Marathon will take place for mere mortals.  A friend is running and gunning to blast away my marathon PR.   (Go Ilana!).

The next post will be recapping my year.   I swear.


Labels: ,

35 36 37 38