01 02 03 Just Run Jim: Here We Go Again 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Here We Go Again

34
Training officially kicked off today for the Chicago Marathon.   Having recently completed the last marathon on May 15th, I think my body is sufficiently recovered to get back at it.   The plan: Pfitz 18/55 with some additional miles thrown in here and there.   I got through winter using this plan and it put me in the best running shape of my life.   So I'm thinking two Pfitz's back-to-back is going to be that much better, especially if I can get some of my weeks into the 60's.    Today it was an easy seven miler

Being a part of the Brooks Fanatics, I had an opportunity to train with Luke Humphrey of Hansons-Brooks as my on-line coach.  For those of you who don't know Luke, he just ran a 2:14:37 marathon at Rock & Roll San Diego.  It wasn't a free program and I may regret it considering all of the monster success  Hansons-Brooks has had recently.   Their training program is a little different.  Long run mileage tops out at 16 miles even though you could be putting in 60 mile weeks.  So let's hope I still have the opportunity in the future.

The Chicago Marathon hasn't been my friend up until now.  A DNS due to a stress fracture in 2009 and a not yet healed non-running injury combined with hot weather in 2010.  I hope to get my revenge this year.

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38