01 02 03 Just Run Jim: Holy Summer Batman 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Holy Summer Batman

34


What the heck is this? 80 degrees in Chicago? In April? I don't subscribe to all of the global warming exaggeration but even I find this highly unusual. We're usually fighting off snow squalls this time of year. And if you're reading this and saying "that Jim is clueless about global warming" just remember the temp record for yesterday was set back in the 1930's! Not last year but 80 years ago. As Dennis Miller is famous for saying "over the last hundred years the temperature on this planet has gone up 1.8 degrees. Am I the only one who finds that amazingly stable?" But I digress on his rant.
I ran yesterday in 80 degree weather with a stiff 20 mile an hour wind form the south. Luckily, my run was mostly east/west. Guess who I saw on my run? The caped crusaders training for the Gotham Marathon. My PF is still with me but manageable. This was the first time I've run two days in a row in over a month. I wore my Brooks uniform shorts for the first time yesterday. One, it was warm enough. Two, never race in something you haven't practiced with. Three, man are they short. Not embarrassingly short, just much shorter than I'm used to. I kinda felt self conscious about it. I think I just have to get used to the idea. If I want to run like a champion, I have dress like one. Yeah that's it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Go Brooks.
I also joined a local running club. My only association with them has been to sign up on the internet. But they meet for weekday runs at my local running store. And I plan to get more involved as soon as their meeting start for the year. The first meeting is next week. I decided I needed to be more involved with other runners besides via the blogosphere. I like the idea of weekly track workouts. Plus I don't care how good of a runner you may or may not be, you could always learn something from other runners. Hopefully, I can give back more than I get. In the meantime, run happy.

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38